Kent Regional Group
Saturday 18th September 2021
"The use of EMDR as a comprehensive system of Psychotherapy "
A One Day Training Workshop
with Gus Murray, EMDR Europe Accredited Trainer andConsultant
Fee: EMDR Assoc. members - £50.00. Non-members - £80.00
6 CPD points awarded.
Please see booking form at the bottom of this page.
The effectiveness of EMDR therapy in the treatment of trauma and PTSD is now well established and is supported by numerous randomised control studies. Additionally, a growing body of research is demonstrating the effectiveness of EMDR therapy for the treatment of a wide range of clinical conditions and populations e.g. anxiety disorders - phobias, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and geneneralised anxiety disorder; depression; grief and loss; somatic problems - migraines, chronic pain, eating disorders etc.; performance anxiety; addictions; attachment disorders; personality disorders etc. etc.
Similarly, a growing body of clinical and research evidence supports the application of EMDR therapy across the full spectrum of low, moderate and high functioning clients. Notwithstanding these developments, feedback from clinicians and consultants would suggest that the full potential of the clinical application of EMDR therapy is still compromised in terms of the scope of its application to a full range of clinical conditions. Many clinicians also seem to experience difficulty and or reluctance regarding their use EMDR therapy with more complex and disordered clients. It would appear also that many clinicians stop short of embracing EMDR as a comprehensive system of Psychotherapy and instead introduce EMDR as an element within their existing approach. This workshop aims to address these issues and will provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to guide the effective integration of EMDR into their clinical practice.
Participants will learn:
- A comprehensive approach to case formulation, treatment planning and target identificationinEMDR Therapy
- To address the challenge of maintaining client regulation while accessing and processingtraumaticmemoriesinEMDR therapy.
- An expanded appreciation of the role of positive resource networks and their use in EMDRtherapy
- To explore the use of EMDR therapy along a continuum from low, moderate to highfunctioningclients.
- To explore the use of EMDR therapy in the treatment of a range of clinical conditions andpopulations
The workshop will include
1. Illustrated presentations of relevant material
3. Experiential application
4. Discussion and questions